[O’REILLY] Open Source Software Superstream Series: C++
Known for its speed and multithreading support—and its more than four decades of powerful application development—C++ remains one of the most popular languages for a wide range of applications from banking and trading to advanced software development. And the language continues to evolve.
Join us for four hours of expert-led sessions on the changes that C++20 will bring and explore the modern features that’ll ensure that C++ will continue to play an integral role in almost all the applications we use and and remain an ideal choice for creating complex open source projects.
About the Open Source Software Superstream Series: Each day in the four-part OSCON Superstream Series covers a different programming language and its ecosystem, with unique sessions including keynotes from language luminaries, debates on controversial topics, and hands-on coding talks. And they’re packed with insights from innovators and the latest tools and technologies to help you stay ahead of it all.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
• Explore the latest features of C++20
• Dive into high-performance programming with C++
• Discover how to extend C++ with WebAssembly
• Learn how to implement CRTP for library design and implementation
This live event is for you because…
• You’re a C++ developer looking to improve your awareness of and skills with new practices and technologies.
• You’re a developer in another programming language and are curious about how you can use C++ for your open source projects.
• You’re an experienced developer who wants to learn new tools and techniques from expert programmers and software developers.
• Come with your questions
• Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
• Take C++ Essentials: Templates (live online training course with Klaus Iglberger)
• Take C++ Essentials: STL Algorithms (live online training course with Klaus Iglberger)
• Read Effective Modern C++ (book)
• Read C++ Crash Course (book)
• Experiment with the C++ Sandbox
Kelsey Hightower has worn every hat possible throughout his career in tech and enjoys leadership roles focused on making things happen and shipping software. Kelsey’s a strong open source advocate focused on building simple…