[A Cloud Guru] Kubernetes Deep Dive
Everything you need to know to start deploying and managing cloud-native applications on Kubernetes in the real world.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Hello Cloud Gurus!
Kubernetes is fast-becoming the most important cloud-native technology in the world, and this is the ultimate one-stop Kubernetes course.
You’ll learn how to build a Kubernetes cluster, and how to deploy and manage applications on it. Along the way, you’ll learn the internals of how Kubernetes works, as well as best-practices such as managing applications declaratively. By the end of the course you’ll have all the tools you need to get started with Kubernetes and take your career to the next level.
The course is packed with demos, and everything is taught in a clear and entertaining way. There’s a sample app included in the course’s GitHub repo, and most demos can run on any cloud platform or local Kubernetes installation on a laptop.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- What a Kubernetes cluster is, and how to deploy and manage them on-premises and in the cloud.
- How Kubernetes fits into the cloud-native ecosystem, and how it interfaces with other important technologies such as Docker.
- The major Kubernetes components that let us deploy and manage applications in a modern cloud-native fashion.
- How to define and manage applications with declarative manifest files that should be version-controlled and treated like code.
- How to take your business and career to the next level.
No prior Kubernetes experience is required, but an understanding of containers and the cloud will be helpful.
- You’ll have an understanding of cloud-native architectures, cloud-native infrastructure and cloud-native applications.
- You’ll understand the importance and role of orchestration platforms (Kubernetes) when deploying cloud-native applications at scale.
- You’ll gain knowledge of how Kubernetes works and how to deploy and manage it in the real world.
- You’ll get an understanding of the significance of related technologies, such as containers and serverless (Functions as a Service).
- You’ll get an idea of how to be involved with Kubernetes and other cloud-native communities.
- Developers who want to build modern applications that run on one of the most important cloud-native platforms
- IT operators wanting to be ahead of the curve and in a position to build and manage infrastructure for modern cloud-native applications
- IT architects who need to know how and where to deploy Kubernetes and cloud-native applications
- Cloud 101 or similar background
- Basic understanding of Docker/containers
Nigel is a leading name in the container community, a Docker Captain, and the author of some of the most popular books and video-training courses on Docker and Kubernetes. Over the past few years he has successfully taught hundreds of thousands of people with his fast-paced entertaining style. When he’s not working with containers he spends his time with his family, tries to play golf, and dreams about American muscle cars. He is active on Twitter at @nigelpoulton.