[A Cloud Guru] Introduction to Azure DevOps (2020)
Hello Cloud Gurus!
Ever since Microsoft introduced Azure DevOps, there have been a lot of people asking… What exactly is Azure DevOps?
Azure DevOps is a fully integrated set of services that together provide you with all the tools necessary for building and maintaining a backlog, hosting your source code repositories, implementing continuous integration, along with delivery and testing workflows for your products before releasing them. In this course you will become familiar with Azure DevOps (formerly known as VSTS and before that, VSO) and explore the five services that make up Azure DevOps:
- Azure Boards
- Azure Repos
- Azure Pipelines
- Azure Test Plans
- Azure Artifacts
In this course, you’ll learn:
- What Azure DevOps is, a brief history of the service and how to set up an instance for your team.
- What Azure Boards are and how you can use them to manage your work.
- How to use Azure Repos to store your code and manage pull requests.
- How to use Azure Pipelines to set up fully-automated builds and releases.
- What Azure Test Plans are and how we can use these for manual and exploratory testing.
- How to leverage Azure Artifacts to set up your own curated package management feeds.
Whether you are a developer or not, working alone or in a team, Azure DevOps can help you organize the way you plan, create and deliver software. This course will show you how it works, how to get started, and tips & tricks on how to get the most out of Azure DevOps.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what Azure DevOps is and how it can be used.
- Facilitate agile processes through the tools available in Azure Boards.
- Set up and use a Git repository hosted in your Azure DevOps account.
- Create your own build and release definitions.
- Understand what Azure Test Plans are and how to use them.
- Understand Azure Artifacts and leverage this service to setup and consume your own package feed.
- Developers looking for a new solution to host their code and optimize their working processes
- Technical managers whose teams are looking for a set of high quality collaboration tools
- Others involved with technical teams, including quality assurance, operations, product and project management
- Basic understanding of software development
- Basic understanding of software development processes
- Basic understanding or experience in building and deploying software
Henry Been is an independent architect and developer from The Netherlands. He enjoys working with software development teams to create and deliver great software. His interests include the Azure cloud, Agile, DevOps, software architecture and the design and implementation of testable and maintainable software. Next to his work, he is also one of the Microsoft ALM | DevOps Rangers and has been awarded the Microsoft MVP Award in 2019. Henry tries to share what he’s learned with the community at conferences and meet-ups or through his blog henrybeen.nl. You can also find him on Twitter or LinkedIn.